meteocontrol North America is seeking a self-driven Account Executive, who will be responsible for new customer origination. The successful candidate will be familiar with I.T. and the fundamentals of electrical engineering. Training to get an understanding of the U.S. photovoltaic market and the integration of our products in the clean energy market will be provided.
• Research and call solar industry prospects
• Track sales activities in CRM
• Monitor competitor products, sales and marketing activities
• Develop relationships with banks, investors, EPC companies, utilities, insurance companies, industry influencers and key strategic partners
• Meet with new clients and present products and services
• Preparing monthly sales reports showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion
• Participate in weekly team meetings
• Actively communicate with global sales teams to share technical, sales and customer information
• Review and analyzes sales performance against programs, quotes and plans to determine effectiveness and report results.
Skills to be successful:
• Positive mental attitude
• Self-driven, highly organized and capable of quickly learning new products, processes and systems
• Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
• Ability and confidence to interact with executive level decision makers
• Ability to explain products to novices as well as technical professionals
• Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy
• Ability to work and contribute as an effective team player in a competitive sales environment.
• Track record of accountability and achievement of sales objectives
Required Education & Experience
• Outside sales experience, ideally in the solar field, but IT professionals are also a good fit
• Familiar with Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering &Solar and DC power concepts
• Preparation of account development plans and meeting reports
• MS Office and CRM software
• Bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing or business administration or equivalent number of years of experience This position requires approximately 50% travel from a home-office base.
Are you interested?
We offer a casual working environment in a global company with excellent benefits including: medical, dental, prescription, vision and 401(k).
Interested candidates should apply on-line or by mail with a cover letter and salary requirements to:
meteocontrol N.A., Inc.
1110 Lake Cook Rd, Ste 370
Buffalo Grove, IL 60089